President & CEO job description below.
If interested, please send Cover Letter, Resume with Salary Requirement, and Three (3) Professional References to: email@example.com
Position Requirements: President & CEO
SUMMARY: The President & CEO answers directly to the Board Chair and the Board of Directors.
This senior management position oversees the general operations of the entire organization and, more specifically, vital responsibilities specific to the office of the President & CEO. Such may include, but not be limited to, developing and executing the annual fundraising campaign, annual budget planning, hiring and firing, daily supervision of all employees, financial accountability, certain volunteer-led projects, internal and external reporting, relationship management in the community, active participation in the state United Way network, distribution of critical documents to agencies, project management, certain media relations and marketing, public speaking, grant design and distribution processes, social media marketing and web site design and maintenance.
More specifically, duties include:
- Develop, oversee and participate in the annual United Way fundraising campaign. Work with the Board of Directors to set the annual campaign goal. Oversee the fundraising process including working with volunteers and community members to provide presentations to employees throughout Lea County. Present campaign goal and United Way vision throughout the year and specifically during the fundraising season to bring awareness of the needs in the community and United Way’s involvement in meeting those needs.
- Produce annual budget, balancing campaign income, overhead restrictions and anticipated expenses. Work with United Way 2-1-1 program coordinator to produce program budget. Exercise sensible spending practices in order to operate within budget limitations.
- Hire qualified staff as needed and observe established pay rate scales.
- Oversee staff work schedules, time-off requests, etc.
- Conduct annual staff evaluations and determine pay rates/increases according to board- established formulas.
- Plan and execute entire annual funds distribution (allocation) process including recruitment and training of teams, development and update of grant applications, agency trainings and orientations, presentation and hearing scheduling, establishment and observation of deadlines, completion of agency grant agreements.
- Research, write and develop annual report using data from prior year. Distribute report to stakeholders, upload to web site, etc.
- Upload certain financial data to web site annually in order to promote financial transparency.
- Complete reports due to entities requiring customized reporting. Complete any reports requested by the Board of Directors.
- Public speaking at events and by invitation at various organizations and affairs.
- Attendance and participation in New Mexico Association of United Ways meetings and trainings.
- Attendance at United Way of America conferences and trainings.
- Maintain data bases including historical United Way campaign statistics, financial data and ‘dashboard’ information relating to the organization.
- Issue pertinent information to all funded partner agencies in a timely manner notifying them of impending grant opportunities and deadlines through the year, including for special grants and annual campaign distribution (allocation).
- Manage any special projects or undertakings assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Guide Board of Directors toward responsibilities as outlined in the organizational bylaws in a timely manner, such as election of new directors and any other such duties that are to be performed annually.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all local and regional media and coordinate often with Marketing Coordinator on regular PSAs and media opportunities (radio shows, news articles, etc.).
- Lead the planning and execution of all United Way events, such as Chili Fest, Stuff-a-Bus, etc.
- Assist as needed in development of marketing materials, such as graphic designs, copy writing, materials design, posters, etc.
- Plan and execute special grant distribution (Community Innovation Grant and Focus Grant) process including recruitment of committees, development and update of grant applications, applicant orientations, deadlines, volunteer recruitment and training, completion of agency grant agreements.
- Working with Marketing Coordinator, continually develop online presence and social media.
- Ensure that web site is kept current, updated and relevant.
- Ensure that all membership requirements for United Way Worldwide are completed in a timely manner in order to retain ‘Member in Good Standing’ status.
- Attend area community functions such as Chamber of Commerce breakfasts and banquets, forums and community fundraising events.
- Be available to work increased hours at certain times.
- Help new partner agencies walk through their first year of requirements and activities.
- Prompt the development of occasional special projects, such as strategic plans, personnel policies, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED
A minimum of two years experience in a management role, preferably in a nonprofit organization. Knowledge of marketing or nonprofit operations a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical data, governmental regulations, policy and procedure documents, etc.
Ability to write professional and articulate reports, business correspondence, training manuals and other necessary documents.
Ability to effectively present accurate information and respond to questions from groups (board meetings, committee meetings, public appearances, media, etc…)
Ability to solve practical problems using available concrete information and taking into consideration the level of confidentiality that exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Ability to anticipate the needs of a particular project or event, and to take action on those needs with little supervision.
Extremely efficient organizational and prioritization skills Marketing or event planning
Volunteer organization or supervision Occasional travel in-state and nationally.
- Above average working knowledge of EXCEL, particularly with an ability to manage multiple data bases, write formulas and produce reports, lists, statistical data and labels from these data bases.
- Average working knowledge of WORD and POWERPOINT.
- Some experience with Publisher or graphic/desktop publishing program.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken, and spelling.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence using proper form, format and grammar.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities; ability to meet or beat project deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Initiative; Self-starter
- Evolved planning skills, to assist in planning a variety of events.
- Ability to work under extreme deadlines and in stressful situations.
- Strong supervisory skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; use hands to touch, grasp, and control or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a stool or step ladder, kneel, crouch or bend.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally may be called upon to lift or pull loads of up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include the ability to focus and work with a computer screen for several hours per day.
Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
See employee handbook.
Working Hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Occasional weekends and evenings will be necessary, especially during campaign season.