through better educational
resources and support.
The goal of the United Way of Lea County is to set children up for success as adults through a focus on education. From literacy programs to grants and scholarships for underserved populations, we offer area families the resources and tools they need to make sure each and every child has access to the education they need for the future. By concentrating on these efforts, we can ensure that we’re contributing to the overall goal of providing equitable opportunities for all members of the community.
Creating Opportunities for Success
United Way of Lea County works with more than 40 area organizations that aim to support the children of Southeast New Mexico with the goal of helping more of them be successful for school and beyond.
Funding from the United Way of Lea County helps in the following ways:
- After-school programs to provide students with a safe place to go when the school day is over.
- Funding Project Santa, which provides gif ts to more than 300 families.
- Project Feeding Families to make sure area families received the nutrition they needed to survive during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coats for Kids drive, which provides more than 500 coats for families in need.
- Support for Lea County Center for the Arts and the Boys and Girls Club to provide after-school art programs for kids.
- Ongoing support for organizations that provide kids with suppor t during cour t appearances and child custody visitations.